Radiating Sunshine: The Ultimate Salad Dressing

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Ultimate Salad Dressing

Today, I'm sharing with you all my favorite salad dressing! Salads in a jar have pretty much saved my healthy lifestyle since starting graduate school. The secret behind a good salad in a jar is making sure your dressing is not too creamy. I know other bloggers love using cream based dressing, however I prefer my cucumbers and other veggies that hang out in the dressing to get a little pickled throughout the week. So, today I'm going to share my favorite salad dressing recipe that works wonders for parties and works wonders for my salads in a jar.

Oil & Vinegar Dressing
Ingredients: 
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/3cup of distilled white vinegar
1/2 onion cut finely
2 hard boiled eggs (a must for all of my salads)
2 teaspoons of oregano
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon of salt
Dash of pepper
1/2 cup of parmesan

Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until well integrated. This recipe will fill an entire mason jar and you can shake the mason jar before serving it at a party.

To alter this recipe for salads in a jar: Start with the olive oil and fill the jar 3/4 way to the ML line. Then add the remaining 1/4 of distilled white vinegar. Then sprinkle in the ingredients. I don't measure them out, but for the spices I use a dash of each. 2 tablespoons of onion, 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese, and 2 hard boiled eggs (per 4 jars).

This salad dressing has changed my salad in a jar life. I came up with this recipe when I ran out of balsamic dressing a few weeks back and I haven't purchased dressing since! I was totally desperate and I knew that oil and vinegar is a popular dressing combination... I just didn't know it could create this delicious dressing. And a total bonus is that most of you probably have all of the ingredients to make this salad dressing in your kitchen already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...