Radiating Sunshine: Happier You: Work as Flow Review

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Happier You: Work as Flow Review


So, today I'm reviewing how I did on my March goal of work as flow! Now as I disclaimed in the original post I DEFINITELY did not establish work as flow during the month of March. But, I did complete a number of items on my goals list. Check out the original post, here!

My competencies... Unfortunately, I didn't really get to focus on my competency areas as much as I would have liked. I have specific areas where I would love to see more growth in, however I didn't get enough time to really make set action items to achieve in those areas.

The two main areas where I would like to see more growth in are:
- assessment, evaluation, and history (AER)
- organizational and human resource (OHR)

While attending different conferences in March, I learned A LOT about assessment and I'm really looking forward to incorporating some assessment into my current work as a Residence Director. I also feel like there is just so much i need to learn about human resources and organizational behavior. I can't wait to learn more about how organizations budget and make major decisions.

Work Life Balance... was a SUCCESS! I feel so refreshed from this month and I feel like I spent more time for myself. There were a lot of nights when I left my office early (i.e. not staying past 9PM) and went back to my apartment and just relaxed on the couch. I also got to take a morning completely off for my birthday, which was amazing!

Get Out of the Office... I held one official program in March and spent a lot more time just sitting in my lobby! It can be really hard for me to get out of "task manager" mode, but when I did I was definitely thankful. I got to quiz myself on my residents. The best part is that almost all of them knew who I was and they still think my apartment is attached to my office. At least they can't say I'm not present, right?

Student Development... I don't know, which theory I identify with the most, but they are all really interesting! I think Astin's Involvement Theory and Tinto's Retention Theory really intrigue me and constantly remind me why I encourage my students to get involved and to stay invested. But, I also love moral development theories like Kohlberg's!

Make Someone's Day... as I said in my original post, this wasn't really something I could measure. But, I tried to live every day being grateful and appreciative of my co-workers, supervisees, and residents. Some days were better than others, but I feel like for the most part I was excited for people and did my best to make people's days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...