Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 12/7/15

Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekend Recap 12/7/15

Happy Monday friends! And Happy Last-Work-Week-Until-The-Holidays! I've been loving life over here in PA and this Christmas/Advent season has been beyond lovely and full of so many amazing blessings. This weekend was truly full of holiday spirit and I cannot wait until I get home and can see my family and friends!

On Friday, I took a couple of RAs caroling at the local nursing home. We were hoping to recruit some students, but no one showed up! So, we took what could have been a bad event and turned it into quite the performance. Also, on a side note I would love you all to try to sing Frosty the Snowman completely... turns out there is a whole section that I completely forgot!
When we got back I enjoyed celebrating my awesome DAs for DA Appreciation Day! We had a huge party and it was really nice thanking them for all of their handwork and dedication. Immediately following that I went to the RA Holiday Social! We built human snowmen, had mini snow-ball fights, cookies and hot chocolate, and enjoyed a few hours of quality bonding. I seriously appreciate these RAs of mine and I am so blessed for a great staff to start off building my supervisory style.
On Saturday, Josh came up and brought up this adorable and totally vintage manger scene for my Christmas tree. Josh and I love the holidays and every tradition that comes with it. This manger scene reminds me of my mom's! I can't wait to go home and see everyone. I'm definitely missing Christmas in MD, but Christmas in PA has turned out to be quite wonderful.
After the manger was set up and Josh and I cleaned my apartment, we were officially ready to host this year's Christmas Party with all of our friends from college. I had twelve of the greatest friends come up and we hit it off. We made mozzarella cappers bites, buffalo chicken dip, holiday guacamole, and pretzels with queso. I love hosting, but I sure don't like the mess that comes with it. Especially when you don't have a dishwasher... but, now is not the time for complaining. I am just so grateful that I got to see all of my wonderful friends and made new memories. I really miss this group of peeps and I'm looking forward to New Years Eve and seeing them all again.

On Sunday morning, I woke up and we made a huge breakfast spread. I now have a ton of pancakes, which I'll probably incorporate into a program this week for my students and Finals Week. After everyone left, St. Nicholas stopped by my apartment and left me the cutest little ornament in my shoes... see what I'm saying, Josh remembers every Christmas tradition in the book.
I'm really looking forward to this upcoming week and enjoying time with my co-workers before I head home for a wonderful holiday with my family. I hope your week is enjoyable and I'll check back in with you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...