Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 9/8/15

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Weekend Recap 9/8/15

I hope you all had a wonderful labor day. There is something sad and exciting about Labor Day... it's sad that Summer ends and exciting that Fall (my favorite season) is officially beginning. This past weekend I was on duty, which basically consists of handing around the university and caring the duty phone with you everywhere. And by everywhere I mean in the bathroom when you're in the shower. I almost fell out of the tub before trying to get to that darn duty phone. Anyways, this past duty weekend was fantastic. It was spent with friends and Josh and I just feel like I am so well rested and ready for this upcoming work week.

Friday: 
After handling some duty responsibilities, MaryEllen and I did some crafting! MaryEllen and I are walking buddies and we came up with some Fall crafts that we wanted to do while we were on duty this past weekend. So, on Friday afternoon we headed to the Dollar Store and Walmart to pick up some craft supplies.
We made four crafts together: FALL signs, little decorative jars, THANKS jars, and pumpkin toilet paper decorations. All together, I think we spent $35 on actual craft supplies for the both of us! But, we also get a little wild when we go shopping.

We really enjoyed the craft night and just being able to watch some chick flicks (Sleepless in Seattle & Just Friends) and enjoy a quiet evening without much fuss. Of course, we were on duty so we had to respond to various situations, but really we couldn't have asked for a better evening.
Saturday: 
After sleep was disturbed quite a lot throughout the evening, I managed to make it to the first home football game! It was awesome watching a football game at the college level, even if it was Division II. We all split some french fries and enjoyed each other's company. I only made it until half-time until football-induced-nap started to kick in. I will probably regret one day always napping during football games, because now it always makes me tired! I came back and took a solid nap! Once I woke up and did some cleaning, I met Chris for dinner and then he came back to my apartment and we watched a movie. He also removed this massive spider from my apartment, which I greatly appreciated!
Sunday: 
Once I got off duty, I drove down to Josh's for a Labor Day bbq! We shucked corn, grilled chicken, and played a lot of corn hole. I was only down there for a little while, but I enjoyed the time I got to spend with him! He is one of my best friends and I love our walks and talks.
 I also got to bond with Radiating Sunshine's biggest fan, Josh's brother, Jonathan! While Josh was showering, Jonathan and I took a trip down memory lane and looked at this old blog I have here. We read old posts and commented on memories. I also enjoyed slurping down my delicious peach milkshake that Josh's dad made us! There are definite benefits to Josh living at his parents house... I love spending time with his family and I couldn't imagine these past two years without them in my life!
Even though I am old now, I loved having Monday off and a day off from work! It makes me feel like a little kid again, but it is wonderful getting a day off and knowing that I'm starting this week off on a Tuesday! Life is slowly starting to have rhythm again and I am so excited for Fall to officially get here. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend, and I love all of the crafting you got to do!! Have a great, short week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...