Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 9/21/15

Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend Recap 9/21/15

This past weekend was definitely one for the books. I hung out with some grad school friends on Friday night and finally visited the Mount on Saturday. I haven't really been back since I graduated and I was blown away by the beauty of the campus. 
This is the place where Josh and I fell in love. It was in this very spot that I found my person!
It was family weekend there so the whole campus was buzzing around with a ton of parents. Josh and I met up with one of my old residents, Cassandra and we got to catch up. We also hiked up to the grotto, which was a spectacular view as usual. Going back to your undergrad after you graduate definitely feels very strange. It felt like a stranger who was completely at home. How one can be a stranger and feel at home all at once is beyond me. But, I definitely never thought I would feel that way visiting the Mount.
My goal is to visit the Mount more regularly. Maybe hike up to the grotto and eat at the cafe. While I have been gone, they got sophisticated and now have a Starbucks on campus O.o So I will definitely need to check that out. Hopefully one day, I'll be able to take my kids to the grotto and maybe one day I'll be able to walk up the stairs without gasping for air. (at least I know one of those is definitely attainable)
After we visited the Mount, Josh and I road tripped to visit one of my cousins. We hung out with her husband and family and then we started heading back home. We went to church and stopped by an a restaurant for some yummy food and to watch the O's play. It was probably one of the best dates Josh and I have ever been on. There was something just so wonderful about sitting at dinner and watching the game. We spent three and a half plus hours at the restaurant. We didn't check out phones. We held hands and ate a ton of food. And it was just us. We talked about our futures and what we wanted. We gabbed about the weekend and his club baseball stuff. I just love dating him so much and I can't wait to date him next weekend and the weekend after that and the weekend after that...
The Meathead from The Greene Turtle.
So, that is how I spent my weekend. With a mini-Mount campus reunion, driving around with Josh, eating yummy food, and most importantly dating the best guy around. I genuinely have never been able to just talk to someone about everything and anything at any moment of the day for such a long time. I would talk to him forever, if I didn't need sleep and didn't need to do work. How did you all spend your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. YUM that pizza looks so good! Sounds like a fantastic weekend, and you did graduate from a very beautiful college.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...