Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 9/14/15

Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend Recap 9/14/15

This past weekend was a weekend full of firsts for me! For starters, I started the weekend early on Friday by going to the dollar star with MaryEllen for some balloons for the open house this weekend. Now, let me just ask... have you all put 10 balloons in the backseat of a bug? Or have you ever ridden inside a bug? It's awesome that MaryEllen has a bug, it's kind of like all of my little girl barbie bug fantasies coming true. Anyways, we put a bunch of balloons in the back seat and proceeded to drive back to campus and were attacked by the balloons continually for that drive. As co-pilot it was my job to reign in these balloons... I didn't do the best job unfortunately, but we didn't loose any so I consider that a success! 
 On Saturday, Josh and I had quite the big breakfast spread. Josh made pancakes while I cooked up some scrambled eggs and sausages. I love breakfast and Josh comes from a cereal family... but, I prefer eating something hot and preferably with sausage for breakfast. So, when Josh comes up we make a big breakfast spread and I make a lot of sausage #novegetarianshere! Josh also manages to drink me out of an entire jug of orange juice everytime he comes to stay. But, I don't mind... it's so much easier cooking for two than it is to cook for one!
After we ate breakfast and Josh so kindly did the dishes, we left for Mr. Ed's Elephant Museum and Candy Shop. I have passed this place on Route 30 probably over twenty times in the past 6 months on my way to Shippensburg. Our original plans were to go for a hike, but this past Saturday's weather was not ideal. So, we decided to get out of my apartment and check out something new. We loved going to Mr. Ed's! I picked up a gag gift for Christmas time (I cannot believe I just wrote that) and we toured the museum of elephants. I have never seen so many elephants in my entire life. What was really cool about the museum is that Robin Williams and a few other famous celebrities visited this wacky little shop!
It was my first weekend off in quite sometime and now it has really started to feel like Fall. I'm really looking forward to this semester and to the days when I don't think about my life in semesters, but in years. However, who knows if I'll ever stop thinking that if I stay in Student Affairs for the rest of my years! Definitely something to ponder as I snuggle up on the couch and watch some Sunday Football.

1 comment:

  1. I have NOT put 10 balloons in the back of a bug, but I have ridden in one :) They are super fun. They just make you happy :)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...