Radiating Sunshine: Snowy Thanksgiving

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Snowy Thanksgiving

As I stated on Monday, I wanted to recap this Thanksgiving for you guys. It was definitely one of the best thanksgivings I have ever had and I have discovered a new found love/addition for stuffing! But, I'll get into that later. 

On Wednesday...
Josh and I got to my parent's house late Tuesday night and we woke up to a splendid Winter wonderland on Wednesday. It was really nice to see snow for the first time this season, except for the fact that I had a slew of doctor appointment/check ups to go to! But, the good news is that I'm cavity free and loving life! 

When I came home from all of the doctors appointments, Josh and I went out a played in the snow! It was perfect snow for building snowmen and having snowball fights. We both really enjoyed building Chilly (Josh named him) and spending time together.

After, our winter play time was over we got ready to go to the Hons' annual poker night! We went to my aunt's and it was so nice seeing all of the Hons. I wish I saw my extended family more often but, we get together when we can!
Me, my grandma, and Brooke (sister)
On Thursday... 
we ate Turkey! Hahaha but, before Thanksgiving day celebrations happened... I got to spend a cozy morning on the sofa with Josh as we watched the Thanksgiving Day parade and ate bagels from Einstein Bagels!

We left for my Aunt Holly's house around 2 o'clock and we spent the remainder of the evening there. There was so much food present I was such a happy camper. My favorite thanksgiving day dish is my mom's Sweet Potato Casserole. My plate was 50% sweet potatoes, 15% mashed potatoes, 5% turkey, 20% vegetables, and the remainder was represented in gravy and cranberry topping.

I love getting together with the family and Thanksgiving is so special because it is literally all about family and being thankful and well food too! I'm so glad I got to spend Thanksgiving morning with Josh and end the evening on the couch watching football with my family.

On Friday & Saturday...
I worked at the Limited! It was Black Friday but, it wasn't too bad. I think I had two customers who were a little rude but, all and all it was really such a lovely day. I love working there and I'm kind of sad that I won't be working there over the Christmas holiday.

After my Black Friday shift was over, I met up with my family and a few members of my extended family for Mockingjay Part 1! They did an incredible job with the movie and I'm already thinking about when I can see it next. Once the movie was over and all the goodbyes were said, I headed up to PA to spend the night at Josh's! We went up to his family's Thanksgiving Celebration on Saturday, which was an absolute blast. I realized I have a love for stuffing and I'm kind of bummed that I am only now realizing it. I feel like I tried stuffing when I was little and I just didn't like it, but that phase of my taste buds are long gone!

On Sunday... 
I had a day in with Josh! He watched football, I napped, I read books, we did homework, I made us food, and we did Christmas crafts together. It was the perfect way to end break and I couldn't be any happier!


Anyways, that how I spent my Thanksgiving break. I sadly have a baby cold right now!
Hopefully the sniffles will go away soon, but for now I want to hear about your
Thanksgiving! What did you do that made it special (or not so special) this year?

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a great weekend! And I always eat more of the side dishes than I do the turkey. It's all about the sides.

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The side dishes are the best! And thanks Sarah, I kind of wish I could go back and repeat it all over again.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...