Radiating Sunshine: Greetings from Austria

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Greetings from Austria


hello, friends! Finally after a long day of traveling, some exploring, and good food I've finally been able to sit down and write a post! It still feels so unreal being in Austria but, I really hope that feeling doesn't go away because it is beyond beautiful here! 

The traveling wasn't too bad! We took two planes: one to Iceland for 5.5 hours and one to Munich, Germany for about 3.5 hours. We only had an hour layover in Iceland so it was just long enough for me to get on wifi and email my family and J. After a 2 hour bus ride from Munich to Austria, we finally arrived at the American International School where we will be staying for awhile.




 AIS is beyond beautiful! I mean look at it. We have a perfect view of the mountains and we are just on the out skirts of the city which, is only a short bus away. The food has been delightful. When we first arrived we got bagged lunches which, consisted of 2 sandwiches, an apple, and a bar of chocolate! I'm saving that bar of chocolate for when I need something sweet. AIS serves us breakfast and they go beyond your continental American style breakfast. This morning I had a cappuccino, bread with butter, cheese, and jam, and yogurt! They also serve meats, cereal, and an assortment of fruit.

I'm staying in a little room with a bunk bed! The school is primarily used as a college and obviously we're renting it out for the next few weeks while we are here, so it's nice to be back in a Residence Hall setting (Higher Ed nerd right here).

Yesterday we walked around down town Salzburg for awhile before finding a bankomat and a restaurant to eat at! It was beautiful seeing all the buildings and the churches. I found myself just walking around in silence just trying to absorb as much of my surroundings as possible. 

I'm only taking one class while I am here and that is called Mozart and the Enlightenment. Since Salzburg is Mozart's birthplace, it only seemed fitting that I choose that one. I also started the homework for the class and its a 200 page thin book; but boy is it dense! 


Besides the meals I've gotten at AIS... I've also gone out to eat! I couldn't even begin to tell you the name of the restaurant I ate at but, it was delicious, had great beer, a bathroom, and wifi! So, what's not to love! We didn't know what beer to order and or how to do it so, we just told the waiter we would like a beer. He asked half or pint, and we said half because up until that point the only thing I had had to drink was water and a beer at the airport and he brought us this! 

My roommate, Noelle and I ordered off the german menu which, was humorous because we honestly had no clue what we were doing. The waiter was really patient with us which, was nice! We ordered the schnitzel for all of my friends who are familiar with German foods. I think I would eat that every day if I didn't think my arteries would close up because that was delicious! 


So, that is all for now folks! I don't know when I'll really have time to write because the wifi is kind of spotty at best but, I promise if I have a little bit of time I'll update y'all on my adventures in Austria! I start class tomorrow so wish me luck on that. Also, thank you so much mom and dad for this amazing experience! I won't ever be able to thank you enough but, hopefully you'll understand my gratitude as I continue to type THANK YOU at the bottom of our emails. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...