Radiating Sunshine: The Perfect Friday

Monday, May 6, 2013

The Perfect Friday

Hello lovelies! I am so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life, that make every day an adventure... So, I just wanted to give a little plug about how amazingly-fantastic-awesome my Friday was and show some pictures of such a simple and enjoyable day. 

For starters, it was the last day of classes so it couldn't have started any better. Oh, and I didn't have a social psychology quiz for the first Friday in three months, so that pretty much made my day.

After, classes I went out with Hannah to buy our best friend, Alex a birthday present. We also shopped a bit for ourselves... and because we have very similar style, we both purchased matching shirts. However, I must say that she picked out both shirts first, and after I saw them on her, I needed to try them on myself!
After we finished shopping, we decided we were not quite ready to return to the Mount. We were juggling some fun ideas  of what to do, until we came to the conclusion that we needed ice cream! 

I had a coupon for a free ice-cream to a local place, called Gateway Candyland, that I had been dying to use since I got it back in October from the Mother Seton School's 5k. The store was so cute and is candy central! I'm definitely going to have to make a pit-stop there to pick up some Mother's Day treats for my mom this weekend. 

So, we both got our cones and went outside and enjoyed good company while getting some sun! As we were sitting outside, there was a side road that veered off of Candyland. Hannah came up with the fabulous idea, to see if that road could get us back to the Mount... and... well... 

 It did! After, driving 25 minutes out of our way and stopping on the side of the road to take pictures of the beautiful scenery we eventually made it back to the Mount.

There was a whole other world up there and literally it was beyond beautiful. The houses were all so unique! We even saw one that looked strangely similar to a house one would see in The Hobbit!

We also jammed to a great mix, which included Gotye, Celine Dion, Bowling for Soup, Train and many other various artists.















If you look at the picture on the right could you imagine having a beautiful view of a mountain in your own backyard? Hannah and I were absolutely stunned by how simple, but incredible that view must be!


"Alex Sandwich"














So, when we finally returned the Mount, Hannah and I went straight to a picnic in celebration of our two close friends, Hilary and Alex's 20th birthdays. We ordered a sub platter, had chips and drinks, laid out a couple picnic blankets and had a great time. It was such a beautiful evening for a picnic and I'm so glad I got to spend time with all of my close friends before finals began and we move out and all say goodbye for the summer.

 Naturally, when outside with a goofy group of girls some pyramid pictures needed to occur.












And we ended the night, with some black forest cake, yum.

To the left, are the two birthday girls cutting the cake. Both Alex and Hilary are awesome girls and I couldn't picture the Mount without either of them.


So, my challenge for you is to go out on an adventure. Even if it is just navigating your way through mountains. Also, thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...