Radiating Sunshine: unexpected

Friday, May 17, 2013

unexpected


Being an avid Grey's Anatomy fan, I naturally love all quotes from Grey's and everything Grey's related... but I never would have thought that this quote would define my life.

I am a planner. Plans make me feel whole, they give me comfort and they make me feel like I'm in control of this crazy life... but, as I sit here sipping my tea and writing this post, I can't help but admit that I have no real plans or control of my life in anyway. Sure, next week I have 4 lunch dates, 2 froyo dates, and a couple casual hang outs lined up... but those aren't plans. Those "plans" aren't really going to define my future and who I am... so I'm staring straight into the eyes of the 'unexpected' and it is overwhelmingly nice.

In 16 days I will be boarding a plane for what could possibly be the best experience of my life, and I have no plans. I'm fully embracing the 'unexpected'. Anything can happen this summer... anything can happen today, and although that is terrifying there is something beautifully magical about not knowing and not having a plan. I'm only twenty after all, so I have the rest of my life to plan things and expect things... but for now, I will sip my tea and accept the 'unexpected' because that is what will change my life and make my dreams become realities.


So, I challenge you to embrace the 'unexpected' in your life... 

Happy Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...