Radiating Sunshine: T-E-X-A-S

Friday, April 5, 2013

T-E-X-A-S

I never imagined that I would call Texas a home away from home... However, I am getting on a flight to move there for the summer and I couldn't be more excited! Don't freak out yet, I am only gone for about 2 months, or 55 days, or 7 and a half weeks... but still I will be calling Texas my home away from home for the summer.

Why am I going to Texas? I got a job at Texas A&M University, working as a Residential Counselor for a program called Duke TIP. Duke TIP is a program that gives young gifted students an opportunity to receive a challenging college-level workload... paired with a great Res. Life experience. So, I'm basically going to be an RA and a camp counselor mixed-- and for those of you who know me, how could a summer job get any better?

So although, I will miss my family like crazy! Although, I will be canceling the majority of my summer plans and packing two suitcases for my summer in Texas, I feel so blessed to have received such an amazing opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...