Radiating Sunshine: How's The Family?

Monday, August 7, 2017

How's The Family?

My family and I are doing wonderfully! We have been able to see each other just about once a month which is wonderful when you all live in different states. Brooke is rocking her final year at Auburn. I cannot believe she will be graduating in May! My mom and dad have also been doing wonderfully. Today, I'm going to write about two adventures I went on with my family this past year!
To start for Spring Break, Brooke and I flew to Florida and visited Universal Studios for a few days! It was an amazing sister vacation and offered some much needed time to catch up. We also literally geeked out over Harry Potter World -- which I would highly recommend to any Potter fans out there. We grew up reading the books, watching the movies, and low key pretending we were wizards so it only made sense that a little trip to Harry Potter World would be on our list of things to do.

Some of my favorite moments about our trip to Universal Studios: 
(1) We stayed at Cabana Bay which was modeled off of a famous 1950s hotel. It was clean and the theme was displayed very well.
(2) Brooke and I found a little stoop to hang out on in Harry Potter world. When we were visiting FL it was 60 degrees every day -- when the weather forecasted highs of 70s and 80s. Naturally we did not pack sweaters and pants. So, any break from the cold and wind was lovely. Also having a butterbeer and listening to the HP soundtrack was MARVELOUS.
(3) CityWalk was really cool! There were so many great restaurants and it was a nice place to relax, soak up some sun, get a few drinks, and catch up. My family and I are big Parrot heads so Brooke and I really enjoyed having a cheeseburger in paradise at Margaritaville.
This past Father's Day I surprised my dad with tickets to Hershey Park. My family and I haven't been to Hershey Park in probably a decade or more so it was really nice exploring the park with them and showing them the new rides (side note... Josh and I go to Hershey every year since I'm only an hour from the park). It was a great weekend to catch up with my parents in the sweetest place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...