Radiating Sunshine: Goodbye 2012... Hello 2013

Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012... Hello 2013

I can't believe another year has flown by! I'm half way done my sophomore year at college... and this coming year I will kiss my teenage years goodbye. 

So too prepare for the New Year I decided I would highlight the best memories of 2012... 


For Spring Break, last year I went down to Cape Fear, NC
for Habitat for Humanity. It was such an incredible experience
and I met so many amazing and wonderful people!

I hope I can go this Spring Break too!

In 2012, I have gotten several amazing opportunities to hang with
my grandparents. (Grandma B on my Dad's side not in pic)

My Grandma B and I have been writing letters back and forth, going
out to dinner, making pies and all sort of fun things! I'm so glad I am so close
with her!

My Grandma on my mom's side has had 2 strokes in the last couple of months
but is still going strong. I love her so much and I admire her strong will and independence.

^ Picture above was taken at Carrabbas celebrating their anniversary!

I have traveled with some new friends... Masha lives in Russia but
she came over to visit the Mount and I facilitated the events we
went on! I'm so glad we became friends and I love our skype dates!

I became the president of Educators for Justice Society in 2012.
It has been quite the learning experience but I am so glad to be
apart of such an amazing community. We have raised over $350
for our school in Cameroon, we had an amazing guest speaker
come and inspire us and I can't wait for next semester!

I went to see my favorite singer, Ingrid Michaelson
with my favorite person, Caitlin! We road-tripped it up to Philly
and sang out hearts out along with Ingrid! Such an awesome night!

That's right... Segways! My friend, Sara and I
went on a SEGWAY tour of Annapolis... I think
we had the most fun when our tour guide gave us 10 minutes
just too ride around!! Such an awesome experience and I would
definitely recommend going!!

Beach Week 2012-- My family and I have been going with this
crazy group of people for 3-4 years now! This is literally the best
week of my summer and I'm so glad we have such a great group.

This year we surfed, played Bear Pong on the beach, had a giant
water ballon fight (girls vs. boys), and had way to many Pina Coladas.

I love these people so much, and one more special thing is that every year on
January 1st for the past 12* years we all get together and have a big dinner
and play wii and a bunch of other games. Love sharing my first day of a new year with them!

In August 2012, I officially got my dream job as an RA.
It has been a great semester and I am so glad I have gotten this
opportunity. I love my staff and my residents so much!

I have learned a lot and I'm thankful for this opportunity.

Hanging with this girl-- my old roommate,  Hannah.
I'm so thankful I met this girl at Freshmen Orientation back in 2011.
She is such a nice and beautiful person and my college experience
wouldn't be the same without her! She is practically a sister and
we have made so many cool memories.

On my Fall Break I went to visit my boyfriend at Salisbury. And talk
about a fun weekend. We met up with our close friends, Amanda and DJ
(who we also go to the beach with *see Beach Week 2012*) and went
pumpkin picking, corn mazing, photo shooting, and double-dating.

This was one of the greatest days I have had and I'm so glad I got
to spend it with the guy that I love and our two very special friends, who in 2011
we went to Jamaica with! You guys are awesome, and here's to VACA 2013!! 

For Thankgiving this year, I kissed my mom and dad goodbye
and joined my *very much like* other mom and dad up in Maine
for a week of being thankful and celebrating Great Nanny turning 100!

This was such an amazing experience that I'm so glad I got to share
with my boyfriend's family! I love his family so much and I'm so glad
I am apart of it!

Also, while in Maine, Chad's older brother's fiancé asked me to be one of
her bridesmaids... how cool is that! Can't wait to celebrate a wonderful relationship
and be apart of an amazing wedding in 2013!!

And as the year ends... here is a Christmas Eve picture
with my boyfriend and I. Chad, you make every year so much
better and I'm so glad we have been able to celebrate 3 Christmases
so far. I can't wait for the many more too come and thank you for
always being there for me.

I'm so glad that for the past three years my midnight New Years moment has
been shared with you. 


I hope you all have a happy New Year and stay safe! Tonight, I'm having some much needed family time. I'll see you all in 2013! And a special thanks to all of my family and friends who have been there for me! You guys are the best and I'm so thankful for you!






- Alex  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...