Radiating Sunshine: Life, Life, Life

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Life, Life, Life

Happy December! In the Student Affairs (& Housing and Res Life) world, December means a few things. (1) Finals are coming (2) Lots of paperwork and (3) they (as in the students) will leave soon! I love my students to pieces, but I'm really looking forward to this almost month break. Working as an RD, field hours, and grad school has really smacked me in the face this semester. But, boy have I learned a lot. Anyways, as I plan my journey back to blogging for the month of December I thought I would write a quick little post to keep y'all updated on the happenings in my life. 

Now one of my struggles this past semester has been taking decent pictures. Now that isn't the worst struggle to have and I have definitely taken many memory photographs, but it doesn't leave me with much to share with y'all. So, I'm sorry about the pixely nightmare that you see before you!

big photo on the left... J and I have been able to spend some really nice and quiet weekends together. With both of us having really busy semesters (him in admissions and me in res. life at different institutions) it is nice when we can get together on the weekends even if its only for a day.

This picture was taken as we were exploring a local city trying to find a church to go to! We ended up not finding a church, but opted for an adorable selfie instead. This guy has been my rock through this semester and I couldn't do all of this without his love and support.

medium photo on the top right... my RAs are incredible. We are losing a staff member due to December graduation and although I'm excited to welcome a new staff member to the team, I literally cannot picture having a better staff!

This picture was taken at our last program as a staff on Sunday, titled McHolidays where we talked about inclusive programs and ate LOTS of sweets. These fine friends make me smile so much and are often featured in my grateful journal!

medium photo in the middle on the right... my life has centered around admin work lately! And I secretly love it. I really enjoy working on different projects as I get ready for all of the room changes and closing.

This picture is of one section of my RA Office. You'll see the 'mom fridge' on the left, my check out table in the middle, and a bright yellow bulletin board for office updates.

medium photo on the bottom right... family! Come December 19th I will literally be the happiest human being! I'm really excited to go home to my parents' house and spend a few weeks with them during winter holiday! I miss my family so much.

This current picture is my mom and I holding my cousin's identical twins! Holy heck they are cute little chunks! Also, ignore my wine blush...

That's all for now, folks! Enjoy your Wednesday :)

1 comment:

  1. I do agree with all the ideas you have presented in your post. They’re really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very short for newbies. Could you please extend them a little from next time?..Keep this great work..

    GRE Training in Chennai | GRE Coaching in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...