Radiating Sunshine: Confessional Friday

Friday, July 1, 2016

Confessional Friday

Happy Friday, folks! For the next five weeks, Fridays are the only days where I do not have class and a lot of meetings so I am going to soak up these special days to get as much office work done and my ACPA assignments done! I have recently joined the ACPA17 marketing team! I'm anxious to begin my first project because although this little blog of mine has given me some editing experience, I definitely don't have the skill set to create some of the pieces that have been done already! But, working in the field of Higher Ed we believe in student development and people's growth, so I'm ready to challenge myself in this area! A lot of professional development opportunities have been flooding my way recently and I look forward to updating this little blog of mine with all things Student Affairs! 

Anyways, that whole paragraph could be a confession... but, I'll begin my confessions now: 

I confess... I have recently become obsessed with two things : I heart organizing (but, lets face it I've always been obsessed) and Amazon Prime! I kid you not folks, I ordered a text book for my group class and got it THE NEXT DAY (note... I did not pay for shipping). For all of my friends out there who are online shoppers, do you have any tricks of the trade to get any good deals?
I confess... last weekend I went home for a day and got to snuggle with the two cutest puppies! I literally love dogs and although I am not at a place in my life where I can have one (hello Residence Hall) I can get my puppy fix with Evie and Callie!
I confess... this past Saturday I co-hosted a bridal shower for my dearest and lifelong friend, Amanda. Since I live about three hours from Amanda and all of the bridesmaids, I couldn't do much when it came to prep. However, they saved all of the signs for me! So, come Saturday morning my hand was busy scribbling and drawing little signs to celebrate Amanda's upcoming day! Everyone also has now begun to joke that I am the "honorary bridesmaid" in all of their weddings O.o 
I confess... this is Josh as an adorable little kid. And he is literally the cutest babe I have ever seen. Like to the point, I want this picture in wallet form so I can carry it around and show people. I think that might be minority creepy, but seriously just look at that face!
I confess... this week we welcomes a new Assistant Director to the team and one of my co-workers Cody and I regressed into childhood with some old-fashioned chalk. Some things we learned: as an adult having chalk all over you is literally the most undesirable thing ever | pavement can destroy the big piece of chalk in your hand | if you drive over chalk it will leave a not-so-pretty mark (whoever did this I will find you). 
And thats all I have for your today! I'm hoping to see you all a lot next week because I'm on duty this weekend (yep, for the 4th of July) and will basically be sitting in my apartment watching tv all weekend! Just kidding, I'll probably go for a bike ride too! So, there you have it! See you all next Friday for another Confessional Friday :)

4 comments:

  1. We just got Amazon Prime, and I'm obsessed with it!!! The sign you made is so cute. I love the honorary bridesmaid tag, too ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! Your house is looking fabulous :) And yes, yes, yes to Amazon Prime!

      Delete
  2. Haha awe they messed up your chalk work. Your writing is so pretty. I've been practicing the calligraphy fonts lately. Puppy cuddles are the best and I love organizers, so it's okay! Pretty calendars are a life essential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best! Thanks Kaitlyn for the comment ;)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...