Radiating Sunshine: When I'm Not at Orientation

Monday, June 20, 2016

When I'm Not at Orientation

For the past two weeks, I have been working with Orientation non-stop! When you are working 12-15 hour days, you really don't have time to do anything else. Most nights when I get off, I just take a bubble bath and then get ready for bed! Now, I have been loving my first internship. But, it was really nice to get a little break from the hustle and bustle this weekend.

On Thursday, my sister Brooke drove up to visit! This is the second time she has been on the campus that I work/live at and it was really nice having someone in my apartment and a friendly face to come home too. We had an absolute blast and she got a little taste at what her big sister does all day long. She even attended one of the sessions I facilitate "Meet Your Shipmates," which is basically like a giant icebreaker. All of the first year students were really surprised when she said she wasn't a first year student and did not just graduate from High School! 

On Saturday, I had a full 24 hour break from work and Orientation! So naturally, I got to hang out with my favorite guy and we went on various adventures! Josh came up early on Saturday morning and we decided to go for a hike. Hiking has kind of always been a staple activity in our relationship and we really enjoyed the views of this hike. While on the hike, we kept playing a game where we would list out potential life threatening outcomes and then brainstorm ways we would "handle" each scenario. Note to self... don't fall and cut your head open. Because Josh wouldn't "trust strangers to call 911" and would run to the top of the mountain (where we had cell service) to get the life-saving call out (leaving me to bleed out with the strangers lol). 
After we spent the morning and early afternoon hiking, we ended the afternoon with ice-cream and farmer's market dwelling. I also got to squeeze in a baby nap before church! Later that evening, Josh and I met up with his brother, Jonathan and his friend for a little night spent with some mayflies and the Harrisburg Senators. It was my first time attending a Senators game, but it was so much fun. We couldn't have asked for a prettier night and the sunset behind us in the picture below does no justice to the actual beauty that we saw!
On Sunday, I had a lot of household chores to get done and spent a lot of time prepping for this upcoming week. I'm bummed that I didn't get to see my dad for Father's Day (which, is kind of becoming a yearly thing now). But, I look forward to celebrating him on Friday this upcoming week! 
Anyways, that's how I spent my weekend and my only day off from Orientation. I can't believe we only have a week left of program. I'm actually feeling bummed that this internship is just about over. It has been lovely and I feel like I have learned so much!

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...