Radiating Sunshine: Life Lately

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Life Lately

I'm currently hunkered down on the couch with the recent grad as I nurse a sinus infection and reflect on how amazing the past week has been! I'm officially moved in to my new place! I have a few more paintings to hang on my walls, but the apartment is really coming together. I'm hoping to do a reveal for y'all in June!

Anyways, besides moving and transferring offices! I took a little break and watched Josh graduate this weekend! On Friday night, we went to his Senior Formal. Before the dance, Josh took me to one of his favorite restaurants, Corner Stable and we had delicious barbecue... well Josh did. I had a shrimp salad sandwich, which is now my newest food addiction.

Then we headed back to the hotel and got ready for a night of dancing, laughing, and snacking. The hotel had a horse theme, so we thoroughly enjoyed taking pictures with all of the pretty horses. Some of the horses were bigger than us!
On Saturday, Josh had his majors socials, his baccalaureate mass, and hooding ceremony, dinner at the President's House, and Otts with friends. Josh graduated as a Business and Communications double major so we got to hit up two socials, which means twice the snacks! I think the business school had the best snacks! They had these pretzels filled with cheese and I really regret only stealing Josh's pretzel haha. His food is almost always better than mine! 

The baccalaureate mass and hooding ceremony was beautiful! We absolutely loved Father Brian's homily. He literally got up there and sang "Forever Young" for us all! It was really nice watching Josh get hooded. I remember that moment when I was in college and I was surrounded by all of my closest friends! Nothing can beat it! After the mass and we all had sufficiently worked up appetites, Josh and his family and I went to the President's House for dinner. The President hosted all of the Presidential Interns and it was wonderful eating and hearing all of the positive praise that Josh received. 

After dinner, we went home and got Josh's outfit ready for the big day! We then headed to Otts to meet up with friends and see our college friends! It was so nice being reunited especially since I don't think I will be able to see all of them for quite sometime. My internship starts up here in a little while and it's going to be really busy! 
On Sunday, Josh graduated and joined the adult world. It was a bittersweet day for us. We met his sophomore and my junior year and the rest has been history! We were inseparable in college and the vast majority of our fondest memories were spent together. It feels sad to see our Mount journey end. But, I know we will start a new journey somewhere else!  
While at the Mount, Josh and I had several mentors that helped us along the way! Father Brian and Dr. {Caitlin} Faas have truly been monumental in our lives at the Mount. Hopefully, one day (if we both end up in Higher Ed) Josh and I can be mentors to undergrad students and help guide them in their major life decisions.

After a fun graduation weekend, I came down with yet another cold in the last two weeks and Josh has so kindly decided to keep me company and help make me feel better! We also cooked our first breakfast in my new place today! I look forward to cooking more in this apartment and I can't wait to see all the delicious creations we make together. I have three recipe books just calling my name! 
Anyways, that's all I have to share for now! I'll be working a lot this weekend so hopefully more blog posts will be written and I can finally start working on some product reviews! I've been so behind on all of this blog stuff, but I feel like I'm slowly getting caught up!

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...