Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 2/1/16

Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekend Recap 2/1/16

Good morning February, how are ya? I cannot believe it's already February! When did that happen? January has been one busy month and I know February will not disappoint on the busy scale. So, in true RD fashion I had a fun weekend full of RA Interviews, alumni events at my alma mater, a quiet night with J, family phone dates, and a little shopping spree. 

RA Interview Weekend went so well. I think I saw over 50 candidates, wrote till my hand could not write anymore, and really just had a blast evaluating the candidates. All the RDs at my university work RA Interview weekend so we could see all the candidates before we decide placement. 

 As soon as RA Interview weekend ended, I was off to the Mount's homecoming! I had my salad in a jar and tea to hold me over and jammed to my favorite Hillsong songs. Homecoming always means a lot to J and I. Three homecomings ago he picked me up for the first time outside my building. I remember seeing his Steelers license plate and thinking... oh boy this will be interesting! Well, interesting is only one of the many wonderful characteristics that I would use to describe our relationship.
 I mean really he is the cutest guy I know. I loved seeing all of my alumni friends and getting to spend a few hours with J. I was completely wiped out from RA interviews, but loved a quiet afternoon (until we went to Otts- local bar) with my main man and good friends.
 Sunday was filled with church, J (Jesus and Josh), and a little shopping spree. Naturally, I went to the Outlets to get a pair of jeans (see Friday Confessions) and ended up with a dress, two pairs of pants, 2 long sleeve tees, and an array of cheap bath and body work products. I even started shopping for my good friend Amanda's bridal shower gift!
 Just so everyone knows Bath and Body works was practically giving away their products... which, makes me wonder why I have ever purchased them full price. Anyways, I made out really well and intend to store a good majority of this for future holiday presents... I know I'm a little bit of a planner. When I was asking Josh to provide me feedback on this purchase, he kept asking me who I'm going to give what to. So, what if I don't have a plan? At least I'm ready for Holidays 2016 right?!
Date Night is going to be fun next weekend!
Even Old Navy was having a hit sale. They had 50% off clearance and 30% off adult styles. So, hello new jeans, dress, and work pants. Hopefully the jeans will fit as well as my old ones. I am usually a live by die by Express jeans... but, having $50 to use on jeans isn't really in my interests as of now. So, hopefully these jeans will look good and more importantly feel good!

Also, if you've made it to the bottom of this post than I congratulate you! To share my joy that you care about the details of my weekend, I wanted to remind you to enter to win the Resolution Essentials (Fitbit) Giveaway... there is a few hours left: GO HERE!

4 comments:

  1. I love bath and body works! Was it their semi annual sale? Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were just trying to get rid of their holiday collections... hello Christmas 2016 :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on the Old Navy sale!! I looove that striped dress. I also used to ask myself the same thing about B&BW and now ONLY buy things on sale - you can get so much for so little! Have a great week, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg!! I absolutely love the dress and can't wait to wear it this summer! You too!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...