Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 10/26/15

Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekend Recap 10/26/15

This past weekend I really had the best of all of my worlds. I went to a conference and learned valuable things for my career. I successfully worked my first Open House. I hosted my first Halloween Party in my apartment. My RAs hosted a wonderful Fall Festival and I got to hang out with my Hall Council members and bake cookies with them. 

Here is a little peak at my wonderful weekend spent with friends, staff members, and Josh!
For the Halloween Party, my friend Matt came over early and helped me carve the cutest little pumpkin. I found the idea on Pinterest to have the guacamole coming out of the pumpkin's mouth and to put queso in a bowl in the middle of the pumpkin. I also served pigs in a blanket that looked like little mummies. They were an absolute hit and I used the Aldi's brand hot dogs, which were delicious.  My friend Hannah brought some delicious buffalo chicken dip and we had quite the food spread.
 It was a little costume party and everyone loved putting together their outfits... well, everyone except Ben! Anyways, it is a tradition for all of my college friends and I to get together for Halloween. We have been doing this for over two years and everyone really gets into it! I think next year, I'm really going to have to be a little more creative than standard cat ears.
And one of the best parts of the whole weekend was seeing this guy! As far as party goers go, Josh is more on the quieter end, but I definitely couldn't throw a party without him. He is beyond helpful and would do anything for me. We make quite the dynamic duo and there is no other guy I would rather have by my side helping me host and greeting all of my friends. Seriously, so grateful!
On Sunday, my RAs hosted a Fall Festival! We had DIY Caramel Apples, Fall crafts, decorate your own pumpkins, corn hole, apple cider, and Fall trivia! We had about 30 residents come out for this Fall afternoon of fun and it was an absolute blast. My RAs did a great job planning this event and hopefully it made the residents feel ready for Halloween.
 After some paper writing and salad eating, I met up with my wonderful Hall Council members to do some extreme baking! They made probably 200+ Halloween sugar cookies for our Spooky Cookie Party tomorrow night. I couldn't have asked for a better group of students. They are so dedicated to their building and putting on great programs for their fellow residents.
And that's a wrap! Next weekend, Josh and I have some fun Fall/Halloween plans, which include going for runs, watching the Ship Raiders play some football, and cuddle up with some Halloween movies. I can't wait for this week to fly on by so we can spend a nice Halloween together.

2 comments:

  1. Those pumpkin dips look so cute!! I also love the idea of having a caramel apple bar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! Both ideas are so cheap and adorable :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...