Radiating Sunshine: July Saturday Nights

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July Saturday Nights

Last Summer, Josh and I spent the entire July apart (and June too)! When we first started dating I knew his favorite song was 'Springsteen' by Eric Church. I didn't realize how disappointed he was that after a year of dating, he still hadn't been able to drive me around and sing 'Springsteen' to me! Well that has all been changing this July. We made it our personal goal to be together for July Saturday nights. This past Saturday, we went to Hershey Park. I have the fondest memories of Hershey Park as a child. For everyone who is not in the East Coast region... Hershey Park is an amusement park where the founder of Hershey's Chocolate built his factory. Hershey originally built the park for his employees, but now it's open to the public!

Josh and I loved our trip to Hershey Park! We enjoyed spending the day with his family and walking around the park. We woke up really early on Saturday morning and ate the banana chocolate chip muffins as we took a road trip to Hershey, PA.

On Friday night, Josh's mom took our Subway order so we could eat subs instead of spending money in the park on overpriced food. It actually saved us a lot of money. There was a Subway in the park and for a 6" sub, it cost $5.50 and we paid $7.50 for a 12"! So, just a little tip buy lunch outside of the park and eat it at the car!

When we got to Hershey Park, we bee-lined it to the quickest roller coaster. I was a little nervous to get on a roller coaster. I haven't been on one in years, so it was a little nerve wracking. But, we absolutely loved it!! Our favorite roller coaster was The Great Bear. Josh has never ridden on a dangle foot roller coaster, so it was a great experience for him.
I'm rockin' the fanny pack... and I'm not ashamed! 
We walked so much around the park, I thought my feet were going to fall off. We covered a lot of ground and I think we made it to every section of the park. Saturday was definitely one of those days where I wish I had a FitBit. The lines weren't too bad for a beautiful Saturday. I think the longest we waited for a ride was maybe a half hour! But, then again Josh and I didn't go on the brand new really big roller coasters either.

We road a lot of baby "fair" like rides... for example: The Music Express (see below) and the Scrambler (all time fave). We also went on the Kissing Tower, which is basically a big Hershey Kiss that goes up and educates you on the park. We loved that because not only did we get to learn some things, have a great view, but we also got permission for some PDA ;) 

Next time Josh is going on the outside!!
Another aspect of this past Saturday that was so important for me was that I turned off my email. It was the first time since I became an RD that I went a day without checking my email. It was really uplifting and helped me just spend the day with Josh and his family. I'm super grateful for everything that they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...