Radiating Sunshine: Intro to Grad School

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Intro to Grad School

It has officially been a week since I began Graduate School. It's actually really exciting to get back into the schoolwork flow. I have surprisingly missed it, especially since I'm studying a topic I'm actually interested in. My first grad course is Introduction to Helping Services CNS 559! We meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00AM-11:45AM. It is a long time to meet, but it flies by.
 I'm officially on the journey to get my Masters of Science in College Student Personnel. My program is counseling focused, which has been really great. I come from a Psychology background so I love seeing how the two intertwine. So, far there has been a lot of reading! I feel like as soon as I catch up on all of the reading, I'm already behind again. We also do a lot of online responding, which is an interesting way to learn. My class only has 10 people, so it is really easy for me to read what other people are thinking in my class. We have a lot of open dialogue and it's been going really well.

The only thing I'm worried about is failure. I really want to do well in my graduate classes. For my program, I actually cannot get two Cs or I'll be dismissed from the program. When those words came out of my professors mouth, my entire class erupted in the "what if" concepts. So, now I begin the process of planning out how to succeed and doing everything in my power to become extraordinary.
Another aspect of my class that I really enjoy is how we practice counseling. At the end of every class, one of us gets up and "counsels" our professor. So, far I have been a little to anxious to volunteer... but, maybe by the end of this week I'll gain the courage and get up there. I can only learn from the experience and become a better professional.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll to do fantastic... don't worry about "what if's" :)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...