Radiating Sunshine: Family Reunions

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Family Reunions

Howdy friends! Happy Tuesday. Today I'm recapping how Josh and I spent our weekend with the 3 F's! Family, friends, and lots of food. Seriously though, I can't think of better way to spend my weekend then with family, friends, and a whole buffet of food. 

On Saturday morning, Josh and I drove up to northern PA to visit his family and to attend his annual reunions. I have never seen more organized Aunt's getting everything prepared for a reunion of 50-60 people! We played games, won prizes, swung on swings, and he introduced me to all of his aunts, uncles, and cousins. 
After we finished at his mother's reunion, we drove around the country side of PA and went to an Altoona Curve (Minor league) baseball game! Josh grew up going to this field and when we first started dating he would rave about how beautiful and awesome it was! And now I know why. The field was beautiful and had a view of a roller coaster from the outfield. The Curve played the BaySocks, which are the Orioles minor league team. So, it was kind of like going to a mini Pirates and Orioles game, which is really fun!
Josh and I also did a lot of travel. However, we both were not very familiar with the PA area so we clung to my Maps App and used up some data. When we were heading home from our adventure I told him "you have 28% to get us home." And that's what he did! Love my travel buddy :)
On Sunday, we drove to Patton Park for the last of the family reunions. We were both tired from the night before, but Sunday was just as good as Saturday. Patton Park had an adorable little train and a lot of walking paths. We even played on the playground and swung on the swings.
Oh and how could I forget the food!! We devoured this buffet! I learned a lot of things about my food pallet this weekend. For example: I have a new found admiration for stuffing balls. Not sure how you can admire them, but I feel like they are the best adventure since bread it's self! I also love Swedish Meatballs. Not sure why it's taken me 22 years to really fine tune my passion for them, but man are they good. And last, but certainly not least, was my new found discover of blueberry pie. I really don't remember the last time I had blueberry pie. So, when I saw there were three blueberry pies to choose from I had my pickin'!
I love family reunions. Josh's family was very organized about everything. They sent out the cutest letters, informed everyone of the price for family ($10-15), did a basket raffle, a 50-50 raffle, and we played tons of games. It has been quite sometime since my family did a family reunion and I think this reunion weekend has inspired me to plan something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...