Radiating Sunshine: Candy Party with Skittles® #ShareFunshine

Friday, July 24, 2015

Candy Party with Skittles® #ShareFunshine

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias
I love Summer. There is nothing sweeter to me, than driving around the country side with my windows down and the air blowing my hair. I love the feeling of the sun on my skin. I truly cherish my Summer days. Now, that I work full time my Summers look quite a bit different than they used too. Instead of spending the day outside like I usually did; I'm inside sitting at an office computer. However, when the sun goes down and it's time for me to head home, I love to entertain guests and have friends over. Every week, my fellow Residents Directors and I like to get together and chat outside of the office. And this past week, I invited them all over for some sweet fun. 

I decided to host a Summer Candy Party!! I had to brainstorm what kind of candy I wanted to purchase. Did I want salty or sweet? Crunchy or smooth? I ended up deciding on a mixed variety and grabbed my list. I went to Walmart to get my supplies. I bought Skittles® 14 oz bag, M&M's® Plain 42 oz bag, M&M's® Peanut 42 oz bag, SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars- 6 Pack, and Starburst® Minis Unwrapped. 

I had a blast buying the different candies and I'm pretty sure the other customers thought I had a major sweet tooth (which, let's face it I do). I also used this awesome coupon (http://cbi.as/8v0q) which, not only saved me money, but also allowed me to enter a chance to win a $100 gift card to Walmart... you can check it out here: Share a Little Funshine Sweepstakes

Check out your neighborhood Walmart store's Aisle 6 for these yummy treats! 
I knew I wanted to make something really creative with all of my candy supplies for my candy party. Something completely out of the norm. So, I decided to attempt a fruit dip with Skittles® and was pleasantly surprised on how it turned out! The dip tasted very similar to Skittles® and paired so well with the apples I bought! Check out this fun & easy recipe below:

Skittles® Fruit Dip
Ingredients: 
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup of powdered sugar
1 tbsp. lemon
1/2 cup of strawberry cream cheese
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
15-20 Skittles® 14 oz bag
Directions: {10 Minutes}
(1) Whisk together lemon juice, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.
(2) Add the marshmallow fluff and strawberry cream cheese and mix until smooth.
(3) Garnish with Skittles® and serve cold.
Serve with apples or other fruit. 
The dip was really refreshing and the Skittles® added a delicious taste and texture. My RD friends raved about the dip and the extra candy on the side! The best part about the fruit dip is that it was so incredibly easy to make and it really doesn't have too much sugar.

I'm really considering doing more themed socials before the Summer ends. I loved setting up for the party and having a catered menu ready to satiate anyone's sweet tooth. Summers have definitely felt different now that I work 40-60 hours a week. But, it was really nice having a simple evening with friends. The Candy Party was sweet for a Summer night and what was even sweeter is that I got to save some money with coupons thanks to Walmart and Mars Wrigley. You can download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive exclusive content!
If you're interested in more savings so you can have your own Summer Party, click here! 
I absolutely loved having my RD friends over and the Skittles® Fruit Dip 
was a wonderful success. It literally couldn't have turned out better! 

How would you incorporate Skittles® into a fun evening with friends?

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! We eat a lot of fruit and Skittles® here so this would be perfect! (client)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...