Radiating Sunshine: Let's Start Moving

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Let's Start Moving

I can't believe it's that time of year already... MOVE OUT TIME! It feels even more strange knowing that this is the last time I will be moving out while at college. Although, it feels bittersweet I've got to be realistic with myself and start planning. I'm the type of student who needs two cars to move into school and three to move out. I really don't know why, but I just start collecting things throughout the year. When I look around and start to move out, I have realized that I have accumulated so much stuff over the year... yikes. But, since I have been doing this for awhile I am almost a "professional" and have learned the do's and don'ts of moving out of a Residence Hall. 

Here is some advice for all of those who are moving out of their Residence Hall within the next few weeks:

(1) Move stuff out in trips... I begin moving out weeks ahead of time. Just taking little things home and then moving bigger things home. It really helps in the long run!

(2) Donate items... This is my favorite thing to do at the end of every semester. If I brought clothes to school with me and didn't wear them at all, I donate them! It is a pretty good policy and one that not only helps me simplify my life, but can also help others. 

(3) Pack with organization. I always pack some bins that are specifically and only residence hall stuff (i.e. decorations or my desk lamp) and then the other stuff is things I need while I'm living at home. This helps save you time later and keep you organized. 

(4) Trash/Recycle things. Test out old pens and make sure they still have ink in them. And recycle any papers you don't need. I like to save some school papers for records, but other than that I'm a huge recycler. So, get on the trash and recycle bandwagon. 

These are just a few helpful tips that will change the way you view packing. I find it to be very helpful and you won't be stressed out the last week of classes/finals or when you officially move out. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe how close you are to graduating!! Good luck and HAVE FUN over the next couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...