Radiating Sunshine: Feeling 22

Friday, March 27, 2015

Feeling 22

So, this is a very delayed post but I'm finally writing about my birthday!! I turned 22 this past Monday and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. 
 It started with Alex knocking on my door at 12AM to sing, give me a Blue Moon cupcake and a cute card! I was already in bed when she came over and I actually debated whether I wanted to get up and answer the door... and I'm so thankful I did! We ended up having girl talk until way after 1am and although I felt sleepy when I woke up, I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with that sweet girl.
 And although I was tired when I woke up in the morning.... my exhaustion faded to excitement because Josh came over and brought me flowers and a bunch of cute and symbolic gifts!!
Throughout the day I was showered in love and hugs. I went to class, work, and had a soccer game. I haven't played soccer since my sophomore year and it was really nice! I get to complete number 54 on my 101 in 1001 list and my team won our game.
 After I showered from the game, Josh drove us to Carrabbas where we met up with my family. For me there is no better way to celebrate a birthday than with people I love and very good Italian food. I've been going to Carrabbas for my birthday for years and I really loved it!
 When I came back from Carrabbas my residents through me a little party and showered me in treats and handmade cards! I love them so much and it was really nice that they remembered my birthday and sang T. Swift's "22" song!!

The only picture I took of the cake... and it was blurry!!
 Wednesday night the celebrations continued because it was college night! My guy friends bought me a cheesecake and attempted to make a monogram out of beer caps on the cake... which, I absolutely loved! Like how sweet is that!! They also picked me flowers that are currently at my desk in a cute little mason jar.
 So, it was basically a wonderful birthday! I'm not huge into birthdays because I don't like all of the attention on me, but I really liked all of the hugs and how so many people sent me so many well wishes! Whether it was a phone call, text, or Facebook message I really enjoyed all the kind words and I am so thankful to everyone who helped me "feel 22."

Also, for all of my Grey's Anatomy fans check out this Buzzfeed article of how much the cast has changed over the years! Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...