Radiating Sunshine: Personality

Monday, September 23, 2013

Personality

So, being the weird psychology student that I am... naturally I'm a bit obsessed with cool instruments that measure social behavior. But, seriously there are some pretty cool studies out there that not only can help you learn about yourself but can social scientists learn about people! 

Even though I had to stop watching my Ravens win early to go to an RA In Service, I was so excited to see that today's In Service was based all on the Myers-Brigg Personality Test. Say what!!! RA and Psych Student's dream being made... but, really! 

What is the Myers-Briggs? The Myers- Briggs indicator test is a psychometric questionnaire that measures how people make decisions and personality factors. The indicator test has four dichotomies: Extraversion/ Introversion, Sensing/ Intuition, Thinking/ Feeling/ & Judging/ Perception. 

After completing the questionnaire, you calculate the scores and you get a four letter indicator which best describes you and how you perceive the world. 

The Score I got is: ESFJ

So, what do my letters stand for: 

E- Extraversion: Es like getting their energy from active involvement in events and having a lot of activities. E's are excited when they are around people and Es like to energize other people. Es like moving into action and making things happen. Es generally feel at home in the world. 

S- Sensing: Paying attention to physical reality, what Ss see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. Ss are concerned wit that is actual, present, current, and real. Ss notice facts and they remember details that are important to them. Ss like to see the practical use of things and learn best when they see how to use what they are learning. 

F- Feeling: Fs believe they can make the best decisions by weighing what people care about and the points-of-view of persons involved in a situation. Fs am concerned with values and what is the best for the people involved. They like to do whatever will establish or maintain harmony. 

J- Judging: Js use their decision-making (judging) preference (whether it is Thinking or Feeling) in their outer life. To others, Js seem to prefer a planned or orderly way of life, like to have things settled and organized, feel more comfortable when decisions are made, and like to bring life under control as much as possible. Do not confuse Judging with judgmental, in its negative sense. 

I used to be an ENFJ: with a change in the S component and the N component. Last time I took the test I scored higher on the Intuition indicator- which pays close attention to impressions or meanings of information over hands on experience. It isn't surprising to me that I switched from the N, to the Sensing indicator and I think the Sensing definitely describes me more accurately. 


Now, I can't not give y'all an opportunity to take a similar test, here! Let me know what your scores are and comment below. Can't wait to see what we have in common!

Happy Monday

2 comments:

  1. The last time I took the test I was an ESFJ as well! It's been at least 3 years since I have so I would be curious to see what I am now. How fun to find out though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Julia! You should totally take the test again and see if you indicator has changed! Let me know if you do :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine
      alexmhons@verizon.net

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...