Radiating Sunshine: 4th of July in T-E-X-A-S

Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July in T-E-X-A-S


I know this post is 3 days over due, but I just did not have any time to write a post while going from different trainings and prepping for the Tipsters to arrive! It was a chaotic 3 days, but now that the Tipsters are here and I had a few minutes to just relax, I thought it would be good to update y'all on my 4th of July.

So, this was the first year in I think about 5 years that I hadn't had my toes in the sand while watching the fireworks in OBX, North Carolina. I felt kind of bittersweet about knowing my family was miles away being goofy on the beach and chasing sand crabs and I was standing on the roof of a parking garage waiting for College Station's firework show! However, the 4th of July was a great day and I had an excellent time.

Danielle and I 'twinning' it up like normal.





For most of the day I just relaxed with fellow staff members! A good portion of us just hung out and chatted. Then, my boss hosted a cook out and we had an assortment of cookout related foods like burgers and chicken breast etc.

Then, the new staff members and the old staff members combined for a giant trip to Sonic on Duke TIP's dime! After 8pm Sonic has half priced milkshakes and it was awesome going with a big group and getting to meet more people.


As far as milkshakes go, my ultimate favorite is the Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge... like seriously SO GOOD! Its like a Reese's Cup in milkshake form!
My day off buddies, plus Sarah! Definitely gonna
miss Sarah when she goes home to Michigan :)

More ladies :) 
It was great bonding with my staff over Sonic's half priced milkshakes and the fireworks! The fireworks were provided by the George Bush Presidential Library. It was great standing on top of a parking garage surrounded by Aggies. One, Aggie was even handing out flags to everyone (see first picture). Oh, and I can't forget to note that someone who was informally DJ'ing the whole event played the classic Aggie song, "We Bleed Maroon." I felt so included because I actually knew most of the words!




The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays because I love when all of us Americans come together and celebrate our independence! I can't help but love seeing all the red, white, and blue... and people singing songs and celebrating and remembering everyone who fought to get us to where we are today. I love the unity that the 4th of July brings to Americans, especially when I watch the fireworks go off and I know that so many others are watching the same thing and are thankful for our freedom.





I hope y'all had a wonderful 4th of July! 
Thanks for stopping by :)

And for all of those who are serving our country, 
thank you for everything you do and all the sacrifices you 
have made. I admire your bravery, loyalty, and dedication so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...