Radiating Sunshine: 2am Recap... Why Not?

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

2am Recap... Why Not?

Today was a great day... Actually a terrific day*.

Not only did I get to spend time with my RC group before my day off... I also managed to squeeze in an hour nap, mailed the pile of letters that had been waiting weeks to be sent, had a great lunch, spent time in the sun, had a girls night which consisted of painting nails and sharing stories. Today, I hung out with some pretty amazing people and had some pretty amazing conversation and all of that translates into a terrific day in my book!

So, as I sit here at my computer at 2:00am thinking about how sleep should be on my mind and its not... and currently wondering why the heck it isn't on my mind; I can't help but look back on my day and just feel blessed.

I am blessed for this day. I am blessed for my family and friends. I am blessed that my friend Pat drove 100 miles just to spend the day with me at this crazy-awesome nerd camp. I am blessed that I know what it means to live a comfortable and fortunate life, where my biggest concern right now is that the cafeteria food won't be up to par. I am blessed for my health and for my faith. I am blessed to have been given so many cool opportunities and that I have so much to be thankful for.

Hopefully, this post will be inspire some of y'all to think about the blessings in your own life... whether they be little things like a friend who you can talk to for hours, good health, or that paycheck coming in at the end of the month. And if you're really stumped, be thankful that you can even read this post. Because so many others in the world cannot, and the ability to read is a blessing that I almost always forget to think about.

And now, I'm going to attempt to count my blessings instead of sheep tonight. So I'll leave y'all with this...

"Be thankful for this moment. This moment, is your life." 


Goodnight Y'all... 2:15am / totally didn't proofread this! Will do it tomorrow :) Love, Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...