Radiating Sunshine: A Year of Gifts

Monday, February 18, 2013

A Year of Gifts

Last year for Chad and my's 2 year anniversary I decided to give him a year of dates!! So, I bought gift cards, wrote cute little love notes, and gave him a basket filled with a bunch of different dates! 

Here are some of the dates Chad and I went on: 

We went to Subway!! Chad, loves Subway so it was fun to give him a date that I'd knew he would appreciate! Estimated cost: $15

We went to a concert with some close friends of ours! Train and Big and Rich and for dinner we had the best crepes we have ever had! It was such a fun night out in Annapolis and I was glad that I could give it to him! Estimated cost: $75

* This was originally a part of the present but it was a nice addition *

We got sushi togo and had an at-home date! We love sushi and  Katanas (a restaurant near us) is an easy hit!! Estimated cost: $25

Some of our favorite rolls: Spicy Tuna with Crunch (-- I could eat this and only this every time). Christmas Roll, Crunch Roll, Yellowtail, Spider Rolls.

* I don't like the fishy taste when I eat sushi so those are some pretty good rolls that are not-fishy!*

We went ice-skating in Glen Burnie! We had never been ice-skating before and I love trying new ideas. It was a fun date! Chad, is a great ice-skater so he skated circles around me as I moved very gradually around the rink. Estimated cost: $25

For those of you who know me personally I am not the most coordinated when it comes to sports! But, hey at least I try!





After ice-skating we went out for Starbucks and warmed ourselves up with some Caramel Macchiatos and good conversation!

Estimated cost: $8



Another date that Chad and I went on was to paint potery at The Mud Hut in Olney! We decided we would paint some pieces for each other. I pained him a cross for his apartment and he painted me the cutest little bowl to hold various nick-nacks! The pieces turned out wonderfully and I would definitely recommend this date idea! Estimated cost: $18




We went out on an ice-cream date last May! It was short and sweet! I can't remember what flavors we got but it was such a nice warm but breezy day! Estimated cost: $2 -- I had a coupon too!




Bellow, we went out to one of his favorite Mexican restaurants Q-Doba!! We got big giant burritos and had a great lunch. Estimated cost: $12


One date that isn't pictured is when we went out for pizza- I forgot to get a picture, but that was a fun and tasty date too! Estimated cost: $20 ($20 dinner for two special)





We also went out for Chick-Fil- A which is more a present for me than him since Chick-Fil- A is one of my all time favorite treats to eat! Estimated cost: $10





Since, Chad and I are usually away at school 9 months out of the year we don't see each other a lot so I still have a couple of gift cards that need to be used: Tutti Frutti (Frozen Yogurt: $8), 7- Eleven (Slurpee date: $5), and a AMC Gift Card (for the movies: $20). Not to mention we prefer to stay in then spend our money on something we could make ourselves!

We also get a lot of gift cards from grandparents and relatives for different restaurants, which is nice because being a college student we try to save our money so its nice being able to go out without having to really pay for it.

So, if you are out of ideas for a gift for your man, I would definitely recommend this one, because its a really nice gift that you guys can share together! 

2 comments:

  1. I happen to know for a fact that the cross is $20... get it right lol. Very cute post, and congrats on 3 years. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna gave me a discount... but I only bought an $18 gift certificate! Maybe, I paid the remaining balance in cash?? Wah! And thanks girl!! Lets skype soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...