Radiating Sunshine: Super Saturday

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Super Saturday

Today was a great day. I woke up and my boyfriend made a great breakfast for me! Banana-Chocolate Chip pancakes-- yum :) Then, we volunteered at the Humane Society in Salisbury with our fave double-date couple and had a really awesome time! 

It was such a great experience and a rush of emotion all in one. I wish I could find homes for all of those animals! It is such an injustice for the animals to be kept in cages and it really angers me. We met some great little friends and I can't even tell you how many cats we held!


Bonding with the kitty-cats!



Above, are pictures of Chad and I with Franky. We walked through the room that held all of the dogs and Franky caught both Chad and I's eye. *he was just patiently laying by the door looking at the people walking by*  Franky has a small birth defect which has made his paw bent upwards, and unusable. But, that doesn't stop him from going on walks and being an ordinary/friendly pup. One of the workers said he has been there since he was a puppy and that made me even more mad, because he is such a well-abled and friendly dog. If it wasn't for the 21-year old age cap and the pet-free dorm I live in I would I have adopted him on the spot. 



 After, we left the Humane Society and met my parents at Chad's apartment! My younger sister was checking out Salisbury and seeing if she liked the school. We had lunch at Market Street Inn, I would definitely recommend this place! The pub was decorated in so many funny jingles and was a great place to hang out! It will definitely be a place, we will have to visit again when Chad and I are both 21. 

Unfortunately, my day in Salisbury had to come to an end! I rode home with my parents and made a delicious Apple Crisp. But, this time I used an apple-peeler-corer-slicer!! Instead of spending 30 minutes peeling, coring, and slicing apples... I spent 10 minutes and what a relief it was on my hands and on time! To end the evening I watched "We Bought a Zoo" with my family! It was a cute movie and a great way to end a perfect Saturday!
Pampered Chef Apple- Peeler/Corer/Slicer

I hope you had an excellent Saturday! Remember to set your clocks, 
hope you embrace the extra hour of sleep! 




- Alex  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...