Radiating Sunshine: 30 Days of Being Thankful

Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful

I saw this thing on Facebook where each day you put up a post or status about what you're thankful for that day! I love this idea because I think its so important to express what you're thankful for and I have such a blessed life and so much to be thankful for.

So... Instead of posting everyday I figured I would put it all into one post and update it every now and then. 


day one: My family, without them my life would not be the same and I am forever grateful.

day two: My boyfriend, he is the best person I know and he makes me a better person.

day three: My faith. I'm so glad I know Jesus and he is in my life.

day four: Breakfast. Had breakfast at a diner with my parents this morning and it is such 
a simple pleasure that you can eat at any time during the day.

day five: My education. Although today was particularly challenging with my work load I am 
so thankful for all the opportunities I have received.

day six: democracy. I'm glad I live in a country where I have the freedom to vote.

day seven: my friends, who are always there for me and I have so many memories with.

day eight: My health. I am so blessed that I have access to a healthy lifestyle and medicines.

day nine: my job, both RA and back at home! I'm blessed to be on great teams and do something I enjoy!

day ten: I'm thankful for this beautiful world I live in.

day eleven: I'm thankful for all of those who have sacrificed their safety and life to defend my country.

day twelve: I'm thankful for today. This week is going to be one of the busiest weeks of my semester and I'm thankful for all the blessings I have received today.

day thirteen: I'm thankful for technology! Its crazy to think how advanced this world has become and how easy it is to right a twelve page paper without even having to open a book.

day fourteen: I'm thankful for everyone who came out and supported Dodge Ball for Cameroon! We raised a good amount of money and everyone had a great time!

day fifteen: I'm thankful for my new connection with God through Philosophy! I am currently reading Boethius' Consolation of Philosophy and it has opened my eyes to so many things!

day sixteen: I'm thankful for music and how inspirational it can be.

day seventeen: I'm thankful for my extended family. I love them all so dearly and they made a huge difference in my childhood.

day eighteen: I'm thankful for spending the day with my parents just watching football and studying for an exam. It was so nice just to spend some quality time with them.

day nineteen: For my sister, although we don't get along most of the time, she is still my rock.

day twenty: I'm thankful I got a great grade on my Philosophy Exam! I know that sounds super dorky but I am so excited!!!

day twenty-one: I'm thankful for my safe travels up to Maine and my boyfriend's wonderful family. Today has been an excellent day and I seriously couldn't have asked for a better day with wonderful people.

day twenty-two: Happy Thanksgiving! As you can see I'm thankful for sooo much!

day twenty-three: I'm thankful for this wonderful time in Maine. This break has provided some much needed relaxation.

day twenty-four: I'm so thankful for all of the fun opportunities I have been able to participate in. Today I helped celebrate a woman's 100th birthday and it was such a beautiful day!

day twenty-five: I'm thankful for safe travels. I flew home from Maine and got back to school with no issues.

day twenty-six: I'm thankful for the fact that my society was able to put together a bunch of bags of Hurricane Sandy Relief. I'm glad I can give back in this way.

day twenty-seven: I'm thankful for being surrounded by such great mentors!

day twenty-eight: I'm thankful for being able to talk to my dad today! He is on a business trip and it was so nice getting to FaceTime him!

day twenty-nine: I'm thankful for my Catholic education. I'm so blessed to go to a University where we can talk openly about Jesus and God and not break any rules.

day thirty: I'm thankful for all the blessings in my life. I feel like I have already said this but I am truly blessed for everything and everyone in my life.



- Alex  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...