Radiating Sunshine: Warm and Fuzzy Program

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Warm and Fuzzy Program

At this point in the semester, most students are drowning in homework/exams and battling procrastination. We have a little under a month till Thanksgiving Break, and in between now and then there are papers, exams, quizzes etc to focus on. 

So I thought it would be a good point in the semester, to have a hall program that made my residents happy and inspired or warm and fuzzy.

The original design of the program was to do affirmations amongst my residents, but living on a floor with 45 other girls I thought that would be kind of hard to facilitate. So I decided on cutting out di-cut suns in a bunch of different colors. 

Each color means something different: 
Lavender- Something you're looking forward too. 
Pale Pink- 1 Nice thing about yourself
Pink- Someone/something you love
Yellow- Someone who inspires you
Gold- Something that makes you happy
Blue- Your favorite quote

The Supplies


My favorite quote (as of right now)


So, how it works: The resident picks a couple of suns that are all different colors. Then I explained what each color meant and they wrote their responses on the suns. Then, we went around in a circle and said what we wrote.

After, my residents left I tied all the suns together using ribbon and then posted it above the handprint bulletin board we made at our first Hall program.
I think this program went really well! It was nice to write uplifting things and I had a pretty good outcome of residents who came. 

The bunting of all the suns also came out really well! And now all my residents can see it and find which ones are theirs. 


Are you having a bad day? Need a boost of happiness? Well try this exercise out! Fill out the 6 questions and when you're done, hopefully you feel better than before you started.  







- Alex  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...