Radiating Sunshine: Useful Tips

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Useful Tips

Here are some helpful hints that can make your life a lot easier, save you money, and time! 

I will be updating this post as I discover more tips!


Watched pots never boil... 

Here is a helpful hint that can really help if your trying to multi-task in the kitchen and don't have time to watch the pot.

Just put a wooden spoon on top of the pot and it won't boil over! 

An easy way to scrub a pan...

Are you tired of spending so much time scrubbing leftover food off the bottom of the pan after meals... Well I am! Doing clean-up after dinner is already a drag so why make it any worse?


Just mix 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, pour it into the pan, and apply a low amount of heat and there ya go! The leftover food that is stuck to the pan will come off smoothly and make the clean-up much easier and faster!

Mascara dries up, No problem...

Mascara is my go to make-up product and I go through it fast! So, I decided to test one way to help extend the life of my mascara and make my money go further. 


Just add a few drops of saline solution to the tube... I use Revita Lens but Opti-Free or any other saline based solution will work... and watch how those drops will extend your mascara a little bit longer! This is great if you don't have time to run to the store to get more!

One of my most common- laziest infractions when it comes to cleaning is not properly cleaning out my flower vases. I have a pretty nice collection, courtesy of my boyfriend... but I have never given any of them a proper scrub down! I usually just do the quick run under water and lay them to dry but that doesn't remove the gunk that is stuck to the sides. So I found a quick and easy solution I wanted to share with you all!

How to Clean Your Vases...

Alls you need is 2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar + the vase filled with warm water and then let it sit for an hour or two and voila! The gunk should come out when you dump the water out and then I just put the vases in the dish washer and now they are sparkling!

For full flower care check out this link, here. 


How to Take off Residue from Stickers...

I bought these photos from Good Will and they came with green stickers and the price tags on them! When I tried to pull them off it left an awful residue! But, I remembered reading that nail polish remover will take the residue right off! And boy did it work! It was so easy and now my frames look brand new!


Greasing Pans?



If you're a crisco user or only keep it around for the occasional pie crust (like, me) then getting a sandwich bag will help you grease the pan without any non-stick spray! Definitely would recommend this handy trick for baking or really anything. 


Your Air Freshener Has Run Out?


No worries! Just add a little bit of water and its as good as new! Shout out to my friend, Alex who discovered this nifty way to re-use her air freshener and save a few bucks on buying a new one. 


Hope you all love these useful tips! If you have any you want me to add please let me know! I love to learn new things and who doesn't love tips to make life a bit more easier!

2 comments:

  1. Does the wooden spoon over the pot really work? I have seen that on Pinterest but just assumed it was a Pinterest myth. Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany-- It absolutely does! The only thing I would warn you is if you leave the spoon on the pot for too long than it will burn the spoon!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...